You may remember my recently completed Yeti. Look at that cute face! I have a two day craft fair this weekend at the Arena in Picton, and I'm hoping the folk there will love the Yeti as much as I do, so I've made another one.
The Yeti with green eyes looks a bit like a mischevious little boy Yeti to me. My new Yeti with lavender eyes looks like a helpful girl.
Once she was completed I thought I would use some honey fur I had in my stash. I did not realise immediately, in fact until Pete pointed it out, that the honey fur made my honey yeti resemble none other than the Honey Monster. This goes to show how versatile the pattern I created is!
When last I mentioned the steamer trunk I had removed the paper from the interior, the next job was to clean the exterior. Unfortunately, the glue beneath the canvas had disintegrated to a revolting state, combined with dirt. Bucket after bucket of filthy water was disposed of and still it looked disgusting, especially where the canvas had been torn and ripped. In the end I had to remove the canvas from the side panels, it just wasn't salvageable The canvas on the top, fortunately cleaned up nicely. The wood actually looks quite nice, so it will get a light sanding and then some restorative Tung Oil. As I want to store, among other things, fabric inside the trunk it would be inappropriate to use oil on the interior in case it got onto the materials. Therefore the interior is to be sanded and then sealed with a polyurethane.
I'll keep you updated on the progress.
Have a happy day!