Sunday 22 September 2013

Bah Humbug!

My friend Miss Bev was telling me that all religious celebrations have been cancelled at her school.  Apparently there is one child in the school who is a Jehovah Witness and his mother refuses him standing for "O, Canada" each morning, because of the phrase "we stand on God for thee".  The child has to sit in a corner, which you have to think will do wonders for his self-esteem!  Also, there can be NO religious holidays at school, no decorations, activities, stories etc., Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Diwali, Samhain etc.  So the children can't be educated about the different religious beliefs from around the world, can't be given the opportunity to be introduced to tolerance, they will only learn that fun is no longer taught at school.  Besides, I thought that Jehovah Witnesses were Christians given that the Watchtower is based on the bible.

End of rant.

I have been busy since last I posted.


Another Fairy Cat which is already with his new person Stephanie.  She described the fairy cats to me and was thrilled with this little guy.


I also made a grumpy cat.


Here's a pic of the original, just so you can compare.

 
Have a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment