Friday 26 July 2013

I love Ontario Strawberries!

I had a lovely day yesterday.  I went with my friends Miss Bev and Brenda to visit Kingston.  We had a pleasurable stroll up Princess Street poking into numerous shops, followed by lunch at the Golden Penny.  Then tottered back down the other side of the street.  We then purchased some of the fresh produce available at the outdoor market.  There was plenty to choose from; fingerling potatoes, French beans, peaches, raspberries, blueberries both cultivated and wild, zucchini the size of marrows, and some beautiful strawberries.  It is late for Ontario strawberries, the local ones have such a glorious intensity of flavour, and I couldn't resist getting a punnet to enjoy.  Yum yum.  Baked goods including huge butter tarts and chocolate brownies were also available, I'd like to show you a photo of them, but unfortunately not a crumb remains.  My final purchase:
 
some lovely hand-spun Shetland yarn.  I'm not sure the photo does it credit.  Now, the next question is what to make with it?  I'm working on a new pattern at the moment so it may be a couple of days before I move on to the next project.  In the meantime, the yarn will go into my office with my roving for needlefelting projects, for now I'll use any quiet moments to mull over how best to utilise it.
 
I completed another hippo.  Not sure this one is quite as happy as the first hippo.
 
 
Have a happy day!
 
 
 
 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment